Skip to main content

Campbell Meditation Music – Kenny Chesney’s I Go Back

Let’s Find Freedom and Go Back to Our Original Hometown: I Go Back – Kenny Chesney

Kenny Chesney is a very famous country singer/songwriter in America. When listening to his songs, you feel that you let go of the burdens of your daily life and you have returned to the home town you used to live. Most of the country songs are about nature and memory of the past. So when listening to them, you feel comfortable. In particular, Kenny Chesney’s songs are all free in style and have very beautiful lyrics. This song I Go Back makes us miss our childhood and gives us an opportunity to forget about the difficulty and loneliness of the reality for a moment and recall the beautiful memories of the past. We all miss our hometown. We all miss the joyful and peaceful times of the past. This might be because the current life is too tough. We bear too many burdens, things do not work out as we wish, and disappointing things happen more than hopeful things. That’s why people reminisce about their childhood hometown where they had a comfortable and joyful time.
Let’s Find Freedom and Go Back to Our Original Hometown: I Go Back
We have our hometown where we were born. But there is an original hometown. This is the infinite universe emptiness that existed before we were born and will still exist as it is even after we die. If you throw away the false mind you are having now and yourself, you can return to your original hometown and your mind would be truly joyful, free and peaceful.
How good it is just to hear the word hometown? That real, true hometown exists within our mind. However, you are contaminated with the life you are living now and since the false mind has been endlessly accumulating in humans, we have lost our original hometown and live in the false world. That’s why we feel life can be agonizing and difficult. The method to go back to our real hometown is here. Of course, it is not to return to the past in a time machine, like the film Back to the Future. You don’t even need to go back. If you simply throw away the false mind of yourself completely and return to the hometown of your true mind, you can be born again from there. Then, you are always joyful, excited and free. You can live forever with the mind of the happy hometown. Let’s read through the lyrics and think of the hometown altogether for a while.
I Go Back
“Jack and Diane” painted a picture of my life and my dreams,
Suddenly this crazy world made more sense to me
Well I heard it today and I couldn’t help but sing along
‘Cause everytime I hear that song…
I go back to a two toned short bed Chevy
Drivin’ my first love out to the levy
Livin’ life with no sense of time
And I go back to the feel of a fifty yard line
A blanket, a girl, some raspberry wine
Wishin’ time would stop right in its tracks
Everytime I hear that song, I go back, I go back.
I used to rock all night long to “Keep On Rockin’ Me Baby”
Frat parties, college bars, just tryin’ to impress the ladies
I heard it today and I couldn’t help but sing along
‘Cause everytime I hear that song….
I go back to the smell of an old gym floor
The taste of salt on the Carolina shore
After graduation and drinkin’ goodbye to friends
And I go back to watchin’ summer fade to fall
Growin’ up too fast and I do recall
Wishin’ time would stop right in its tracks
Everytime I hear that song, I go back, I go back
We all have a song that somehow stamped our lives
Takes us to another place and time
So I go back to a pew,preacher, and a choir
Singin’ bout God, brimstone, and fire
And the smell of Sunday chicken after church
And I go back to the loss of a real good friend
And the sixteen summers I shared with him
Now “Only The Good Die Young” stops me in my tracks
Every time I hear that song…
I go back, I go back.
To the feel of a fifty yard line
A blanket, a girl, some raspberry wine.
I go back….
To watchin’ summer fade to fall
Growin’ up too fast and I do recall…
I go back. I go back,
And to the loss of a real good friend
And the sixteen summers I shared with him.
I go back. I go back.

Popular posts from this blog

Campbell Meditation Movie -James Carmeron’s Avatar(2009)

Let’s talk about  Avatar , the one of the top all-time American box office hit that had spectacularly opened the generation of 3D films. It has magnificent visual art but its scenario is also brilliant. The real world and the false world… If you have watched  Avatar , you would know what it means. From the human perspective, the real world in the movie is referred to the world we are living and the false world is the world of Avatars where huge archaeopteryxes fly and a huge blue colored species live. We regard the world distant from the human world as the false world. I won’t talk about the synopsis of  Avatar . But what I would like to talk about is – to borrow  Avatar ’s motto – that the world we live in now seems real but is actually the false world, like a virtual world where Avatars live. It would be difficult to understand but this concept is depicted not only in  Avatar  but also in the  Matrix  with Keanu Reeves. Humans do not live in the world of reality but in a p

Campbell Meditation Column – How to live well

Campbell Meditation Column – How to live well Such words as ‘stress’ and ‘depression’ are overused these days. Everyone seems to live with unsolved questions of life and a void that can never be filled no matter how much you try to fill it. There is nowhere you can truly rest; loneliness chases you everywhere and people endlessly search for and obtain something to fill up and soothe the mind. What everyone pursues will eventually be never-changing happiness. It would be truly resting without any worries even for a moment… Happiness – true rest – really sounds like an unreachable goal that is difficult for us who are living in this generation. Can I ever become happy? Can I really live well? Within the endless burden and pain of the mind, it might be fearful and dreadful to live every day. The moment a day ends, you sigh that you have endured a day. The moment a new morning starts, you might barely open your heavy eyes and be at a loss about how you can endure today. Joy happe

Campbell Meditation Experience - Meditation Taught Me To Accept The World

  Campbell Meditation Experience – Meditation Taught Me To Accept The World Gadhi Asan – Campbell, CA Before I discovered this meditation, I really felt like I had reached the end of my rope. I felt like there was always a big, heavy stone in my chest and the pain was so bad that I wasn’t sleeping well. It was stress. I was barely living, carrying the everyday stress and difficulties of my life. Then, I found this meditation. At that time, I started this study sincerely with the intention of getting even a little relief. Even though I have never practiced meditation, this method, made by Woo Myung, was very simple and fun to do. One of the things about this study that I enjoyed was that I could look back on myself. Since I was a child, I had so much inferiority that I always hated losing to others. My tendency was to focus on winning whenever I competed with others. This made my life very lonely because I was always uncomfortable around other people. And other people were uncomfortable