Skip to main content

Campbell Meditation Experience - Inferiority, Depression And Reflection On The Life In Which I Thoroughly Packaged And Protected Myself


Campbell Meditation Experience - Inferiority, Depression And Reflection On The Life In Which I Thoroughly Packaged And Protected Myself



This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is happy-boy.jpg



Woney (23 yrs old)

As I meditated, the right side of the body relaxed and there was a release in the tightness. The severe pain in the right side of my brain, which had until now felt like a splitting headache, subsided. Many of the things that made me angry were resolved and my anxiety decreased immensely. I had also developed a habit of continuously forgetting things, but much of that disappeared too. Last, but not least, much of my questions about my identity, my sense of inferiority which I had always wondered about, and my anxiety about the future disappeared.

A lot of my depression disappeared. All this time, I had been really hurt because of the people around me and by others who had taken advantage of me. Much of that pain has disappeared, and I also don’t worry about other people’s gazes or prejudices. In addition, as I lived in a foreign country for many years, I experienced a lot of cultural shocks, struggled and was hurt due to circumstances as a foreigner. But a lot of that has disappeared. As I lived abroad, I stagnated in my identity as a Korean and felt somewhat left behind. And in the meantime, due to unavoidable circumstances, I worked on pretending and packaging myself in a certain way, but that too has greatly disappeared. I also quit smoking cigarettes and drinking.

Source: www.meditationusa.org


Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Woo Myung Poem – Abandon

Campbell Meditation Experience - Meditation Taught Me To Accept The World

  Campbell Meditation Experience – Meditation Taught Me To Accept The World Gadhi Asan – Campbell, CA Before I discovered this meditation, I really felt like I had reached the end of my rope. I felt like there was always a big, heavy stone in my chest and the pain was so bad that I wasn’t sleeping well. It was stress. I was barely living, carrying the everyday stress and difficulties of my life. Then, I found this meditation. At that time, I started this study sincerely with the intention of getting even a little relief. Even though I have never practiced meditation, this method, made by Woo Myung, was very simple and fun to do. One of the things about this study that I enjoyed was that I could look back on myself. Since I was a child, I had so much inferiority that I always hated losing to others. My tendency was to focus on winning whenever I competed with others. This made my life very lonely because I was always uncomfortable around other people. And other people were uncomfort...

Campbell Meditation Column – How to live well

Campbell Meditation Column – How to live well Such words as ‘stress’ and ‘depression’ are overused these days. Everyone seems to live with unsolved questions of life and a void that can never be filled no matter how much you try to fill it. There is nowhere you can truly rest; loneliness chases you everywhere and people endlessly search for and obtain something to fill up and soothe the mind. What everyone pursues will eventually be never-changing happiness. It would be truly resting without any worries even for a moment… Happiness – true rest – really sounds like an unreachable goal that is difficult for us who are living in this generation. Can I ever become happy? Can I really live well? Within the endless burden and pain of the mind, it might be fearful and dreadful to live every day. The moment a day ends, you sigh that you have endured a day. The moment a new morning starts, you might barely open your heavy eyes and be at a loss about how you can endure today. Joy happe...