Skip to main content

Teacher Woo Myung Poem – The Life You Lead


The Life You Lead

If you were to ask me
what this life is that you are living,
I would tell you that there is no Truth in that life.
If you were to tell me that
the life you are leading is one of Truth,
I would tell you that your burdens are heavy.
If you were to tell me that
the life you are leading is exciting,
I would tell you that you are dreaming
an exciting dream within a dream.
If you were to tell me that
the life you are leading is an exhausting one,
I would tell you to let go of your useless greed.
If you were to tell me that
the life you are leading is nonsensical,
I would tell you that
there is no such thing as life or death.
If you were to tell me that
the life you are leading is wrong,
I would tell you that
it is because you have an attachment and greed for life.
If you were to tell me that
the life you are leading is savory,
I would tell you that
you have almost reached the true world.
If you were to tell me that
you are terrified of the life you are leading,
I would tell you that you are living well.
If you were to tell me that
the life you are leading is full of pain,
I would tell you to get rid of your self.
If you were to tell me that
you are leading a happy life,
I would tell you that it is nothing more than dust.
If you were to ask me how to live well,
I would tell you that
you must completely be rid of your self.
If you were to ask me what a life of Truth is,
I would tell you that a life that is alive is Truth,
that it is the life Truth lives.
If you were to ask me
to make the life you are leading into that of Truth,
I would tell you that I have the key.
-W00 Myung

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Woo Myung Poem – Abandon

Campbell Meditation Experience - Meditation Taught Me To Accept The World

  Campbell Meditation Experience – Meditation Taught Me To Accept The World Gadhi Asan – Campbell, CA Before I discovered this meditation, I really felt like I had reached the end of my rope. I felt like there was always a big, heavy stone in my chest and the pain was so bad that I wasn’t sleeping well. It was stress. I was barely living, carrying the everyday stress and difficulties of my life. Then, I found this meditation. At that time, I started this study sincerely with the intention of getting even a little relief. Even though I have never practiced meditation, this method, made by Woo Myung, was very simple and fun to do. One of the things about this study that I enjoyed was that I could look back on myself. Since I was a child, I had so much inferiority that I always hated losing to others. My tendency was to focus on winning whenever I competed with others. This made my life very lonely because I was always uncomfortable around other people. And other people were uncomfort...

Campbell Meditation Column – How to live well

Campbell Meditation Column – How to live well Such words as ‘stress’ and ‘depression’ are overused these days. Everyone seems to live with unsolved questions of life and a void that can never be filled no matter how much you try to fill it. There is nowhere you can truly rest; loneliness chases you everywhere and people endlessly search for and obtain something to fill up and soothe the mind. What everyone pursues will eventually be never-changing happiness. It would be truly resting without any worries even for a moment… Happiness – true rest – really sounds like an unreachable goal that is difficult for us who are living in this generation. Can I ever become happy? Can I really live well? Within the endless burden and pain of the mind, it might be fearful and dreadful to live every day. The moment a day ends, you sigh that you have endured a day. The moment a new morning starts, you might barely open your heavy eyes and be at a loss about how you can endure today. Joy happe...